Friday, June 24, 2011

STRONG IN SPIRIT

And the child grew and became strong in spirit.
Luke 1:80

Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit (3 Jn. 1:2). It gave me great joy to have some brothers come and tell about your faithfulness to the truth and how you continue to walk in the truth (3 Jn. 1:3).

Jesus said, "I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you (Jn. 16:7). The Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you (Jn. 14:26)".

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong (1 Cor. 16:13). Conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel (Phil. 1:27). Live a life worthy of the calling you have received (Eph. 4:1).

I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and vanity; yet surely my right is with the LORD, and my recompense with my God. I am honored in the eyes of the LORD, and my God has become my strength (Is. 49:4-5). For in my inner being I delight in God's law (Rom. 7:22). I can do everything through him who gives me strength (Phil. 4:13).

He says: "It is too light a thing that you should be my servant , I will give you as a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth." (Is. 49:6). In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace (Eph. 1:7). Although I am less than the least of all God's people, this grace was given me: to preach to the unsearchable riches of Christ (Eph. 3:8). My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ (Col. 2:2).

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being (Eph. 3:16). I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints (Eph. 1:18).

But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit (Jude 1:20). The Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express (Rom. 8:26). Pray in the Spirit at all times with every kind of prayer and request. Likewise, be alert with your most diligent efforts and pray for all the saints (Eph. 6:18).

To them God has chosen 
to make known among the Gentiles 
the glorious riches of this mystery, 
which is Christ in you, 
the hope of glory.
Colossians 1:27

O LORD, thou hast searched me and known me! Thou knowest when I sit down and when I rise up; thou discernest my thoughts from afar. Thou searchest out my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways (Ps. 139:1-3). For thou didst form my inward parts, thou didst knit me together in my mother's womb (Ps. 139:13).

I praise thee, for thou art fearful and wonderful. Wonderful are thy works! Thou knowest me right well; my frame was not hidden from thee, when I was being made in secret, intricately wrought in the depths of the earth (Ps. 139:13-14). In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.