Friday, February 15, 2013

DESIRE FOR TRUTH

I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done that which is evil in thy sight, so that thou art justified in thy sentence and blameless in thy judgment. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. (Ps. 51:3-5)

Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward being; 
therefore teach me wisdom in my secret heart.
PSALM 51:6

Do good to Zion in thy good pleasure; rebuild the walls of Jerusalem,  then wilt thou delight in right sacrifices, in burnt offerings and whole burnt offerings; then bulls will be offered on thy altar. (Ps. 51:18-19)

Truth in the Inward Being

"Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." (1 Sam. 16:7)

And He said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves in the sight of men, but God knows your hearts; for that which is highly esteemed among men is detestable in the sight of God." (Lk 16:15)